Who Are We:
Arts Alive Fairfield (incorporated as Fairfield City Art Society) is a visual arts group formed through the amalgamation of Fairfield City Arts Society Inc. and Arts Alive. The amalgamation took place at the combined A.G.M. held at the Fairfield School of Arts in December 1997. The group is open to all artists and others interested in promoting and fostering the group's aims.
Fairfield City Art Society was formed in 1961 as CADAS for Cabramatta and Districts Art Society.
Arts Alive was formed in 1990 with similar aims as Fairfield City Art Society (now combined)
1. To promote and encourage the growth and appreciation of the visual arts in the Fairfield area;
2. To stimulate, develop and inspire member artists;
3. To assist in the professional development of member artists.
4. Develop an ongoing partnership with the Fairfield City Museum & Gallery
5. Seek the support & patronage of Local, State & Federal Government, Social & Sporting Clubs, and the general public.
1. We hold a meeting once a month on the Second Monday of each month at the Cristina Function Lounge,Club Marconi. Meetings are open to all members and commence at 7.30 p.m.
2. Publish a newsletter. This is the main vehicle for informing members of the group's activities, art news and publishing articles.
3. Hold at least two exhibitions each year. One exhibition is the annual open acquisitive exhibition titled "The Fairfield Art Prize". The second is an annual members' only exhibition. Both exhibitions are held at Club Marconi, who are currently our major sponsor.
4. Hold occasional solo, group or theme exhibitions for member artists.
5. Apply for any funding sources as they become available.
Fairfield City Art Society Inc.
PO BOX 303, CHESTER HILL , NSW 2165 AUSTRALIA